My Progress

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Sunday, July 18, 2010

First Weigh-In

Today I did my first weigh-in. Now one thing I should mention is that I will NOT be weighing myself regularly. Unlike some people who get motivated by a 1-2lb loss a week, it totally discourages me. I know, it shouldn't, but it does. I expect more from my sacrifice all week. (please don't go off on how 1-2lbs is considered "healthy" and should be all that I lose and that it shouldn't be a sacrifice, but a way of life - I know all that) I'm a work in progress here, with everything, including my mind. But this is where I'm at now and hopefully I'll progress through my journey.
So back to the weigh in.
I haven't weighed myself for a few weeks, ever since I saw 180 on the scale. I couldn't see that number again. AND, I believe I may have gone over that considering how I ate after I weighed myself. But today I needed to see exactly where I'm starting and since Monday is going to be my official weigh-in day and I'll be out of town, I had to do it today. I was so happy to see 178! Can't believe I'm saying that, but it's sooo much better than 180. And guess what, it motivated me to go drink a green monster for breakfast.
So I won't be weighing myself every week. More like once a month, but I will be taking my measurements, then two weeks later my weight, then two weeks later measurements, then weight...get it? So I'll have some sort of "progress" every two weeks.

Today's breakfast:
2 C of Spinach
1 C Almond milk
1/2 C blackberries
1 banana
All mixed up in the HealthMaster....sooo yummy and filling, and only 250 calories.

Lots of packing to do today. Better get to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment